Whether you’re a busy professional or a stay-at-home parent, it can be difficult to keep your house clean and tidy. Even if you can’t make home organization and upkeep one of your top priorities, there are still steps you can take to ensure that your space is as spotless as possible. Our ultimate checklist for a sparkling abode includes all the small but necessary tasks that will ensure that you wake up each morning to an orderly dwelling!
- General Cleaning: General cleaning is the foundation of a spotless home. Even if you can only manage to squeeze in one hour per week for dusting, vacuuming and wiping down surfaces, it’s essential that you make it a priority. Regularly changing your bedding can also help reduce allergens in your bedroom.
- Organizing: Take time each month to go through your kitchen cupboards, closets, toys and any other storage areas in your house. Donating or throwing out items that aren’t used anymore as well as decluttering these spaces will keep things from getting too cluttered.
- Deep Cleaning: Perform deep cleanings once every few months or so (depending on your lifestyle). This includes cleaning the ceilings, baseboards and windows as well as dusting items like ceiling fans, blinds or lamps. Don’t forget to vacuum furniture and steam-mop any hardwood floors!
- Disinfect surfaces: Disinfecting surfaces is an important part of creating a spotless home. This is because many germs and bacteria can survive in our homes for long periods of time and lead to illnesses like the common cold or flu. Disinfecting helps to reduce the number of germs and bacteria on surfaces which reduces their spread throughout the home. Doing this regularly will help keep your home free from harmful germs that could cause illness.
- Clean out the refrigerator: The inside of your fridge should be emptied out every few weeks or so in order to keep it running efficiently and avoid having spoiled food hang around for too long. Throw away anything that’s past its expiration date and wipe down shelves with an appropriate cleaner.
- Laundry: Doing a load of laundry every other day can help keep things in check. If you have a washer/dryer combo, try to switch out the load quickly so that it doesn’t pile up at the end of the week.
- Take out the trash: Taking out the garbage should be done on a daily basis, but also make sure you change the bag every week or when it gets full. This will help keep odors from lingering in your kitchen or other rooms where a trash can may be located.
By following this comprehensive checklist for a spotless home, you’ll be able to keep your house looking and feeling clean and tidy all year round! Plus ticking off these tasks every week or month can help reduce stress levels as your living space is organized in a way that works for you. And if you ever need extra help sorting out that messy closet or reaching dust bunnies in those hard-to-reach places, book us online in 60 seconds at We Clean Your House. We’ll have you back on track in no time. Whether you’re a dedicated home keeper or someone who needs a little more motivation when it comes to household chores, we’re here to help. Contact us today for any questions about our services.