The average home contains many areas that tend to get buried beneath layers of dirt, dust, and grime. From your stovetop to your carpets, these hard-to-reach spots can quickly become home havens for bacteria and germs. But with a few simple tricks and the right tools, there’s no reason why these ten most common strongholds of dirt and clutter shouldn’t sparkle in no time at all. Read on for our expert tips about how to clean each one quickly—and thoroughly!
- Kitchen Countertops cleaning: Spills and splatters can easily build up on your kitchen countertop, making it unsightly and unhygienic. To clean it quickly, you can use a damp cloth to wipe down the surface and then use a mild detergent mixed with warm water followed by a microfiber cloth for polishing.
- Bathroom fixture cleaning: Your bathroom fixtures such as sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets often accumulate dirt due to regular use. To give them a quick clean, use an all-purpose cleaner on the surface of the fixture before wiping it down with a damp towel or cloth.
- Refrigerator cleaning: The refrigerator is another area that needs to be cleaned often, as it can easily become smelly and filled with food residue. To clean your fridge quickly, make a mixture of baking soda and water and wipe down the shelves, drawers, walls, and door seals. Afterward, vacuum the coils on the back to prevent dust build-up.
- Floor cleaning: Floors are one of the dirtiest parts of your home since they come in contact with our feet all day long. To give them a quick clean sweep, use a broom to collect any visible dirt before mopping with warm water and mild detergent solution.
- Carpet cleaning: Carpets are notorious for collecting dust, hair, and other particles which can cause allergies or asthma flare-ups. To give them a quick clean, use a vacuum cleaner to remove any visible dirt and then spot clean with a diluted vinegar solution or carpet shampoo.
- Curtain cleaning: Curtains can quickly accumulate dust, allergens, and other particles due to constant air circulation in your home. To clean your curtains quickly, use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner before spot-cleaning with mild detergent.
- Upholstered Furniture cleaning: Upholstered furniture such as couches and chairs are often forgotten when it comes to regular cleaning but they too need attention every so often. To give them a quick clean, use an upholstery brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner followed by spot cleaning with a mild detergent solution.
- Wall cleaning: Dirty walls can quickly make your home look untidy and can also be a health hazard due to the accumulation of dust and allergens. To clean them quickly, use a damp cloth or microfiber mop with a mild detergent solution followed by wiping them down with a dry cloth.
- Window cleaning: Windows are often overlooked when it comes to cleaning but they are very prone to dust build-up due to their contact with the outside environment. To clean them quickly, use a squeegee or microfiber cloth to wipe off any dirt before polishing with newspaper for streak-free glass.
- Cupboard cleaning: Cabinets, cupboards, and drawers can easily accumulate dust, dirt, and grime due to constant use in the kitchen. To give them a quick clean, remove all items from the cupboard and use an all-purpose cleaner mixed with warm water followed by a dry cloth for polishing.
Following these tips can help you quickly clean up your dirty home areas so that you can enjoy a more hygienic and comfortable living environment. If you need assistance in cleaning your house, contact us today at WeCleanYourHouse for all your house cleaning services. Our top-rated cleaners are experienced and well-trained to leave your home sparkling.